From the start, working with Celebrity Fashion Stylist Ryan Christopher has been an interesting and beneficial experience! For weeks we’ve been discussing many projects, and preparing for his work assignment with Actress LisaRaye McCoy.
While helping Ryan to remember the details, I also learned from LisaRaye’s Personal Assistant, Stacey J, the balance of the skills of very large crowd control, while helping a high-profile client juggle a hectic schedule, and still allowing your client to enjoy their fans. Sweewww….
Ryan’s focus was that LisaRaye look her best at every event, so being present every step of the way was a great benefit and it certainly helped that LisaRaye invited us to come along with her as she:
- Attended a private fundraiser to benefit The Susan G. Komen Foundation on Friday evening
- Followed by a small invitation-only reception at The Birmingham Museum of Art
- Served as Grand Marshall of the Magic City Classic Parade Saturday morning
- Signed autographs and took pictures with fans who made donations to The Susan G. Komen Foundation Saturday
- Spoke at halftime about Breast Cancer Awareness as an Ambassador of The Susan G. Komen Foundation to the crowd gathered at Legion Field for the Alabama State vs Alabama A&M annual rivalry football game on Saturday afternoon
- Hosted the Magic City Classic After Party at B & A Warehouse Saturday night
Fast moments, lots of security, thousands of screaming fans and fun would describe the weekend well, but the critical lessons I learned, had to sum it up this way:
Never underestimate the power of a sincere and earnest effort to please your clients:
- From the initial contact with LisaRaye’s manager, Ryan sought out the most complimentary fashion apparel and accessories
- He carefully noted the items that appealed to LisaRaye, ordered from as far away as London and reached out to contacts in nearly every time zone
- He didn’t rest until every ordered piece was delivered and refrained from even introducing items that didn’t meet his expectations
- He utilized those within his network who practice his same level of professionalism from a traveling tailor, a commercial photographer, fashion intern and of course moi!
And Ryan’s efforts did not go unnoticed; his client praised his professionalism and encouraged him to not give up on his dreams!
LisaRaye expressed to me that she appreciated the positive aura we brought around her, while members of her team have reached out to me for future projects!
Next: the updating of Ryan Christopher’s work portfolio! Visit his blog: http://www.rclifestyle.blogspot.com.
Toni L. Rousell, Publicist & PR Professional