What do you think of when you hear the term “Publicist”? How about “Public Relations” or “PR Pro”? Chances are you are among the many who think that a Publicist is a person relegated to “damage control”. One who comes in, riding on a white horse and wearing a cape, with “prepared statements” bearing professional “spins on the truth”, to save the day. And then, you might be among those who think that a Publicist is one that propels musicians, models, actors, athletes, etc. into overnight stardom and fame by getting them instant media attention. And what about the “PR Pro”? Is their job reduced to “being nice to everyone”, so that their client will be “popular” and “well-liked”?
Well, although the above thinking is common and often with an odd “ring of truth”, they’re actually wrong and tend to diminish the professions. In simplicity, a Publicist produces, and often creates, while simultaneously managing, publicity and media relations for their clients, whether they are celebrities or business owners. A Publicist is not responsible for making a career or business exist or generating revenue, but the publicity will consequently bring about increased awareness and exposure, and in most cases generate additional revenue, yet this is not overnight. If a client is not already well-established or hasn’t made some sort of “mark” or positive, memorable “impression” on the minds of their target audience, it will take time, however reasonable, for marked growth to be realized.
A PR Pro seeks to fulfill a recently published definition of Public Relations by The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) which states: “Public relations is a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their publics”. Notice the words “strategic communication” and “mutually beneficial”. Achieving this takes much more than just “nice words”. First, the goals of the public figure or organization must be clearly defined, then a plan will be developed to achieve these goals in a carefully crafted strategy. There’s no overnight with this either and oftentimes will require the uninhibited, mental focus of all team members and long-term commitment of the client(s), but the results are worth it!
So what can you expect from TLR Publicity & PR? Here’s an abbreviated list, but please know we offer so much more!
- Professional Bio Writing & Updating: As a Public Figure or Founder of an organization or business, you tell us your story, and we’ll craft a Bio that will tell your story to the world! Your Bio should entice the reader to want to know more, not help them to exercise their “speed reading” skills! Let us craft a great Bio for you and we’ll keep it updated as well!
- Media Relations/Interviews: Get interviews with key media outlets that are essential to getting the word out about your organization, product or service!
- Press Kits – Electronic & Conventional: A great Press Kit that is unique to every client is what we do! Get the attention of the media and increase your chances of getting scheduled, and gain greater exposure & visibility!
- Creative & Eye-Catching Press Releases: Preparation and distribution of professional, creative and informative Press Releases for your events and community efforts. Great Press Releases will get the attention of those you need to know about what your business is doing!
- Social Media: Contrary to popular belief of some, social media is here to stay and will only continue to permeate the business landscape. We will design, maintain and publicize of all your social media accounts!
- Research, Email/Correspondence and More: Going above and beyond to assist you with miscellaneous research, replying to email inquiries, personal styling/grooming for interviews, arranging car service to interviews and public appearances and more!!